- Trim excess fat from meat and cut into cubes.
- Combine the oyster sauce, oil, soy sauce, garlic, chopped spring onions, and sugar into a large bowl.
- Add the beef and mushrooms (which have been wiped and left whole). Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Thread the meat, mushrooms, water chestnuts and pieces of spring onions alternately onto skewers. Cook over hot coals brushing with the marinade until cooked.
NOTE: Use thin skewers for these kebabs as thick skewers tend to split the water chestnuts.
- 750 gm steak (rump or sirloin)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 x spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 50 gm button mushrooms
- 220 gm can water chestnuts
- 3 x spring onions, cut into 2 cm pieces